Thursday, April 15, 2010

advertisment


For my ad I did a Victoria secret ad. In the ad it shows a picture of an almost completely naked woman wearing a matching lacey purple bra and panty set. This ad totally gives women the wrong idea of what is sexy. The ad also has some phrases written about how if you get this bra then you are going to be as sexy and the abnormally skinny model. This is why we have eating disorders in this country. And this is why little girls are literally dying to be thin. It gives women and girls a like false impressions of what it means to be sexy. It makes people think that to be pretty and thought to be attractive by men then you need to have completely fake flawless skin and toned abs and be 6 feet tall. It is so disgusting that this is what the media has forced into the minds of all the females. Like every other high school girl I would make sure that I didn’t eat too much and I was constantly looking in the mirror to see if my stomach was flat and if it wasn’t to my liking then I would no eat much for the next few days. The feeling of hunger was one that I loved. It meant that I had nothing in my stomach so my body would have to “use up the extra stored fat”. It wasn’t until I was underweight that I realized that this was a stupid way to live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment